Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Art and real estate?

My fabulous female friends Lisa Marie T and DJ Natty Boom, rocked out the Hounshell Real Estate office on 14th street. Lisa Marie and created a portrait on the spot( that I almost ruined by suggesting the sweater be colored fuschia! So gay!). Natty Boom rocked out the decks, spinning her brand of grundgy rock/dance music. I have never partied so hard in a cubicle!

All the cutesters were out. Marvins  superstar manager Sheldon served in his classic (guy from hitchhikers guide) meets Afro-Punk look. Wearing Italian shoes, Black slim pants ala Mick Jagger, fitted Button down, a classic wine colored Cravat, Woody Allen frames, a leather(esque?) trench, all topped off with his fabulous forward sloping Mohawk. J'adore!

The other fashion story of the night belongs to thingstring.com. Created by artist/ magician David London ( sounds famous right), thingstring is style-next up. Wanna make your American Apparel sweat shirt hit the edge? Take a spool of  contrasting colored thread unwind and randomly place it anywhere you like. Shocking! Im not joking. Its a conversation piece for the age of randomness. I have never laughed more than the time I first encountered the trend on Ayo ( Co owner of  Gallery on Hst.) I walked up to him and said "Let me get this" , yanked it off  as he yelled " No, that is my string!" I was down with his eccentricity but a pet string was pyschtacular. He remedied this quickly by unspooling some thread he had in his pocket and thus annointed me into the thingstring circle. That incident was at least a year ago. Meeting the creator of thingstring was like finding out there was a toothfairy ( only less bloody).


The Look of the Night

Belongs to none other than Dj Selina. She is the most fabulous woman I know ( Sorry Yall). On this night in particular she used her unique sense of proportion and color scheming to create a one woman art show. Flat eighties boots, led up to thick knit leggings, underneath a chalk white pencil skirt w/ Day-Glo pink piping, belted with a thin plastic hot pink piece, paired with a purple and black asymmetrical boat collared long sleeve tee, accented by a zipper across her breast plate, layered over a Day-Glo green tank, all accessorized by her turquoise earmuffs which she wrapped around her wrist! I hate her! 


There were many looks to be seen but only one winner. 

The Party was a blast. I always have fun with my gurls. I love you all!

1 comment: